We eat a lot of pois-chiches in our house; more now than a year ago when I did not know what Socca was (I make Socca about twice a month). It also turns out that chickpeas are considered a natural cholesterol fighter... and considering my héritage in that area, I have been adding chickpeas whenever possible: hummus, coucous, salads, etc.
As you will realize, this recipe is really easy to make and, unless you only want to eat dry chickpeas that require soaking (ie, planning), you can make it in no time. Most children (and adults) I know love them and since you can adapt the spices you are using (cumin, garlic, Cayenne pepper, curry), you would not be disappointed! Bon Appétit!
- One can of chickpeas, drained (and dry)
- 2 Tbs (30ml) Olive oil
- Spices (cumin, curry powder, garlic, salt, Cayenne pepper, etc.)
My Personal Comments:
- Preheat oven to 450F (225C)
- Mix Olive oil and spices together in a bowl
- Mix chickpeas in olive oil
- Place in the oven. After 15 minutes, stir the chickpeas so that they roast all over for another 15 minutes. Watch at the end to prevent burning.
- Let cool and eat
- My children like them best with cumin or Cayenne Pepper (we are not big fans of garlic).
- You might want to try different brands of canned chickpeas as I have found that they don't taste the same and don't hold as well.