Now that I am baking again to try to make you
As I am trying to bake new desserts, including gluten-free, here is a recipe that was a big success among mes goûteurs. I liked it as well because it was not too sweet and it was made with hazelnut flour (ground hazelnuts). And if there are nuts in a dish, I am generally sold! Bon Appétit!
- 2/3 cup (80g) hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) brown rice flour
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/4 ts sea salt or Fleur de Sel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 7 Tbs (100g), butter (100g), melted
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, pureed (with a fork)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, except for the sugar. You want to make sure that the hazelnut flour is well mixed into the other ingredients.
- In a food processor, mix together the eggs and the sugar until lighter color.
- Add the melted butter, the vanilla extract and the bananas to the eggs mix.
- Add the dry elements.
- Divide among muffins or cupcakes molds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Unmold and let cool on a rack.
My Personal Comments:
- If you don't find hazelnut flour (which, unlike almond meal/flour, I have never found), you can purchase whole/crushed hazelnuts and use your food processor (or coffee grinder) to make hazelnut flour.
- If I don't manage to make a perfect hazelnut flour, I keep the tiny bits of hazelnuts. They add a little bit of crunchiness in the muffins.
- Make sure you use very ripe bananas; the recipe will taste even better