As a result, on a weekly basis, we purchase: dill, cilantro, Italian parsley, basil as well as thyme or/and rosemary. When available, I also purchase fresh mint, tarragon or chervil; I don't really know how to use sage.
I can't wait for nicer weather to be around so that I can start growing my own on my balcony. In addition to reducing my "herbs budget", it will give a project to my children who will be even more excited at eating basil/cilantro/parsley/tarragon/chervil/chive/dill/rosemary/thyme that they would have picked the leaves themselves! Trust me! Bon Appétit!
- 1 pound of frozen scallops
- 2 small leeks, washed and sliced
- Fresh dill
- 2 Tb of butter
- Salt, black pepper to taste
My Personal Comments:
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, cook leeks in butter.
- Add scallops and cook until scallops are fully cooked
- In the meantime, cook Orzo according to instructions
- Add fresh dill to scallops and serve over Orzo
- Add salt and black pepper to taste
- Obviously, you could use any other small-shape wheat pasta instead of Orzo. You could even use rice!