The second reason is that I have been laying flat on my bed for the lat 3 days, because of a bad back that decided, once more, to
Happy Holidays to all of you... and remember, cooking from scratch is your best option, No.Matter.What! (Sorry, I really had to say it again!)
- Lentils : it's easy to make, it's very healthy. You can serve them "as is" or with rice.
- Kasha: my newest discovery and already a favorite in my family. Something new (or not so new for some of you!) to feed your kids.
- Socca : my first newest discovery of this blog existence. It's perfect for a light dinner, together with a salad on the side.
- Butternut Squash Soup...because, it's so easy to make with butternut or pumpkin that you don't want to miss it.
- Swiss Chard Soup... for something different, yet very good.
- Watercress Soup... my favorite so far.
- Salmon with Edamame and Soba noodles: remember, salmon is lighter than any meat dish!
- Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta if you can not not cook pasta!
Since I'm sure that you had more than enough sugar, the only thing I could suggest is just a nice home-made apple sauce!