Weekly Menus are back! I don't know if you missed them (did you?) but I did! Oui, oui!
When we were in France this past Summer, cooking for an average of 12 people per day, we had menus. We had to have menus!
When I came back to Philadelphia, I did not plan meals as much... it was the end of the Summer; still too hot to cook large meals in the kitchen: I relied on nice salads and easy cooking.
Now that Fall is here, all of a sudden, I find myself out of ideas, or with ideas but without the proper ingredients, or with the ideas, the ingredients but not enough time to make the dish when I need it!. And without enough planning, I find myself without any leftovers for lunchboxes the following day! And that's, for me, is more stressful, than not having a proper dinner ready. Yes, I know, I can always make my kids sandwiches... but 5 times a week? Impossible (well, maybe for one week?) So, yes, planning is good! It might drive some people crazy but I personally find it a stress-reliever. I know I can focus on something else during the day because the menus are set, the ingredients are in the house, and I have allocated myself enough time to cook for dinner AND lunchboxes the next day! And even if I end up improvising an emergency dinner because there was something more important to do, I am OK because I know that for the remaining days, everything is taken care of. Ou presque! Keeping life simple! That's what it's all about! Bonne Cuisine!
Weekly Menu - Week 13
Quiche Lorraine with green salad
- If you make your own yogurt, prepare a batch for the week.
- If you are feeling zealous, you could prepare the Ratatouille for Tuesday evening. That would save you time on that day.
- You could also prepare the Panna Cotta for Tuesday.
- You only have to make the salmon & pasta for Monday evening.
- After dinner, make the Panna Cotta for Tuesday evening if you have not made them on Sunday.
- You have to cook the Ratatouille if you have not prepared it on Sunday.
- Start with the Ratatouille. If you can ask for help, do to cut all the veggies.
- While the ratatouille is cooking, make Quinoa.
- For Wednesday dinner, you only have to make the entree. Start by preparing the Pineapple.
- I use frozen Green beans, these days to make my life easier.
- If you have time make the Nutella biscotti for Thursday.
- Today's dinner is a little time-consuming because brown rice takes long to cook.
- If you have not made the biscotti, start with them.
- While they are cooling in the fridge, start the brown rice and veggies.
- Finish the biscotti.
- Relax, it's Friday!
- Make the Quiche Lorraine first and while it's in the oven, make the Guacamole and enjoy it with a few chips before serving the Quiche Lorraine!