Weekly Menu - Week 7
|Monday||Roasted Pork with Pumpkin and Garlic Heads |
Homemade Plain Yogurt with dark brown Sugar
|Tuesday||Brown Rice and Beans with Green Salad |
Homemade Plain Yogurt with Chestnut Spread
|Wednesday ||Grilled Salmon with Leeks Fondue |
Apple Blackberry Crumble
|Thursday||Creamy Mushrooms with Polenta Croutons |
Homemade Plain Yogurt with Honey
|Friday||Pasta with Cauliflower |
Petits Pots de Crème
Game Plan:Sunday Evening:
- You want to make the Pork Roast on Sunday so that you only have to heat it up on Monday evening. Because pumpkin might not be available, you can always use Butternut or Acorn Squash instead. You could also add potatoes (with skin on) to add starch to the dish.
- If you are making your own yogurts, make a batch for the week on Sunday evening. You could boil the milk before starting the roast so that by the time your roast is in the oven, your milk is down to the perfect temperature to finish making the yogurts.
- Can you believe that the only thing you have to make tonight is to re-heat the pork roast?
- Because you have time, make the Brown Rice and Beans for Tuesday. It's great re-heated. If you only want to make one thing, cook the brown rice. It would save you time on Tuesday.
- If you have not made the Brown rice on Monday, you have to make the brown rice and beans. The brown rice takes a while to cook. It gives you time to prep the veggies.
- While you are at it, cook the leeks for Wednesday. It will save you time.
- If you are feeling zealous, you could make the Apple Blackberry Crumble for Wednesday evening.
- If you have not made the Apple Blackberry Crumble and/or the Leeks fondue, you have to make both.
- Start by making the crumble dough. You can let it rest a few minutes while you prepare the leeks.
- Once the leeks are in the pan, pre-heat your oven.
- Finish the crumble and bake it in the oven.
- As soon as they are out of the oven, place the salmon on top of the leeks and in the oven to cook the salmon.
- You have to make the Polenta Croutons and the creamy mushrooms. Start by the Croutons. While they cool down in the fridge, you can prepare the mushrooms.
- You want to take advantage of your heated oven and make the Pots de Creme for Friday evening. They will have plenty of time to cool in the fridge overnight.
- You only have to cook the Cauliflower Pasta. So, take it easy. It's Friday. Enjoy!