The result was really good, ma foi. Much better and much healthier than any other canned soup available around here, that's for sure. We all enjoyed it, with crème fraîche and fromage, évidemment! We did not have croutons but we had fresh bread instead......
As we were preparing the soup and eating it, S. made sure that I was going to publish it "sur ton blog". It was really important to her that her super recette made it to my blog. She sort of understand what a blog is; she knows I am looking at the daily number of readers (thank you, merci!)... and whenever I am making something, she takes a first bite and tells me whether she likes it or not, giving me, in a way, her OK to publish it or not! This blog has become a family-business... and the most exciting part, I have to say, is to see my children desire to be more and more involved in the experience! So, here is to S.'s first own dish. We all hope that you'll enjoy her soupe à la tomate as much as we all did. And of course, S. is already thinking about her next recipe. Stay tune! Bon Appétit!
- 5 large tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 clove or garlic
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Olive oil or butter
My Personal Comments:
- In a large pot, saute the garlic, onions in olive oil
- Add the tomato chunks and saute for another 5 minutes
- Add water, covering the vegetables
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes
- Blend with an immersion blender
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- I don't like canned tomatoes, that's why we made the soup with fresh tomatoes. Canned tomatoes would work but the taste would be affected.