Unlike the other 15 Weekly Menus now available, this Menu is really what we ate this past week. You see, I started working again a few weeks ago... and I therefore realized something: I needed to be EVEN better with meal planning. Why? Because by the time I get home and only wished I could-relax/put my feet-up-with-a-cup-of tea-and-the-newspaper, reality hits me in the form of two lovely-but-hungry-and-tired
Weekly Menu - Week 16
|Monday||Lentils with Italian Chicken SausagesPlain Yogurt with Chestnut Spread|
|Tuesday||Vegetable Soup with wholewheat Couscous |
Swiss cheese with homemade baguettes
|Wednesday||Chinese Dumplings with Green Salad|
Plain Yogurt with honey
|Thursday||Curried Split Peas Soup with homemade baguettes|
Plain Yogurt with jam
Pumpkin Spices Teacakes
|Friday||Quiche Lorraine with Green Salad|
Plain Yogurt with dark brown sugar
- If you make your own yogurt, prepare a batch for the week (I don't anymore)
- Prepare the Lentils for Monday evening. I cooked the sausages directly with the lentils.
- You only have to reheat the lentils. I made more than I needed so that my children could take some to school for lunch on Tuesday.
- Make the Soupe de légumes for Tuesday evening.
- You have to cook the Couscous (5min!) and reheat the soupe. Since they had lentils and sausage for lunch, Tuesday dinner did not need to have animal proteins.
- For Wednesday dinner, I used frozen dumplings.
- I made the teacakes after dinner so that they were ready for Thursday. They don't take much to make so you could really make them in less than 30mns.
- I also made the Split peas soupe.
- I did not have anything to make beyond the baguettes.
- Relax, it's Friday!
- I made the Quiche Lorraine from scratch. It was more than 30minutes but because it's Friday it did not matter too much. We skipped the aperitif tonight because my husband could not come home early enough and we have friends coming over tomorrow evening.